Grilled Chimichurri Portobellos with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
These Grilled Chimichurri Portobellos are OUT OF THIS WORLD. Marinated in a punchy and vibrant chimichurri before heading to the grill, then served on top of a mountain of creamy goat cheese mashed potatoes.
Cilantro Chimichurri and Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro (not traditional) or parsley (traditional)
- 1 small red serrano pepper, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 – 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Chimichurri: Mix sauce ingredients (olive oil through red pepper flakes) together in a small dish.
- Potatoes: Cut potatoes into quarters and boil for 10-15 minutes until very soft. Drain and pull the skins off. Mash and mix with broth, butter, goat cheese, garlic, and salt.
- Marinade: While potatoes are cooking, brush mushrooms with a little bit of chimichurri on both sides. Marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Mushrooms: Heat a grill pan or grill over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and grill on both sides, brushing with more chimichurri, until soft and yummy and browned up with nice grill marks.
- Done: Serve up a mushroom steak on a dollop of creamy potatoes and – you guessed it – spoon the last of your chimichurri over the top. Salt, pepper, red pepper flake it… and you’re good to go!