Spicy Falafel and Roasted Veggie Naan-wich
Naan-wich: 5 ingredient falafel, roasted veggies, and avocado sauce stuffed between pillowy garlic naan. Best sandwich recipe I’ve ever made.
- 5–7 carrots
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cumin
For the Naan-wiches
- 1 12-ounce jar of sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 big pieces of garlic naan, torn in half (I use store-bought and I’m very okay with it)
- 10–12 pieces of easy 5 ingredient baked falafel
- one batch of Magic Green Sauce
- a handful of cilantro leaves
- Make Ahead: Prepare the falafel and the Magic Green Sauce. It shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes for both. They can be made a day in advance and kept in the fridge, too.
- Roasted Veggies: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel the carrots and cut into thin strips and place on a roasting pan. Chop the cauliflower into small florets and place on a separate roasting pan. Drizzle each pan with oil and sprinkle each pan with cumin and salt + pepper to taste. Toss around on the pan to combine. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. To get more browning, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. When the veggies are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Sun Dried Tomato Spread: Drain off most of the excess oil from the sun dried tomatoes and pulse through a food processor for a chunky, spread-able texture.
- Assembly: Warm up the naan so it’s nice and soft. Spread with Magic Green Sauce and layer with roasted carrots, cauliflower, sun dried tomato spread, falafel, and cilantro leaves.
My falafels were a little bit round and chubby, so I just gently pressed them into more of a veggie burger shape and that helped with sandwich assembly.